Do you have (type of bike) in stock?
- Due to the nature of our shop, stock changes daily, so it’s impossible to know what types and sizes of bikes we have currently in stock, or keep a running list of things online. The best thing to do is to come in and see what we have.
Do I need to make an appointment?
- No appointments are needed, however we suggest that you show up early. Especially in the summer months, the shop gets extremely busy, and once it’s filled up, we put people on a waiting list for entry.
I don’t have the time/interest to fix up a bike for myself. Can I just buy a fixed-up bike at Free Ride?
- We have a limited number of bikes for sale that are fixed up by mechanics on commission. These bikes are called Fix-for-Sales and are tagged with a single blue tag. Any bike with other kinds of tags on it is not available for sale. Untagged bikes may be earned through our Earn-A-Bike program. We strongly encourage people who want to learn about bike maintenance and repair to participate in Earn-A-Bike! To buy one of our Fix-for-Sales, come in during our Open Shop hours and ask one of the staffers for assistance.
How do I donate (bikes, parts, money)? Can I get a receipt?
- Please see our DONATE section. You can get a receipt for you donation.
Do you take credit cards?
- No we do not. If you plan on purchasing something, please bring cash.
I want build a fixed gear/single speed. How do I do it?
- Building a fixed gear/SS from a geared road bike is not as easy as you think. Remember, your trying to manipulate a bike and wheel to do something that it wasn’t built to do, so a solid amount of mechanical knowledge and patience is recommended before attempting this. Please read this great article from Sheldon Brown for some advice.
Can I trade my bike?
- No. We have a strict “no-trade” policy. Not only is it a good way for people to get rid of “hot” bikes, but we end up losing on the deal.
Can I bring my children?
- You are welcome and encouraged to bring your children. You are, however responsible for her/his behavior. You must also work with your child if she/he is planning on working on a bike.
How old do I have to be to come to Free Ride?
- During our Adult Open Shop, you must be 17 or older, unless accompanied by a parent/guardian that will be responsible for you. If you are under 17, we encourage you to participate in our Youth Programs.
Do you have bikes for sale?
- Any bike can be “purchased” as-is, you are responsible for fixing it up. We may have a small selection of bikes fixed up and ready to roll. Please CLICK for more details.
How is it that my bike got stolen from here?
- There are a lot of greedy, dishonest people in the world. Sometimes they come into our shop. We’re sorry, but you’re responsible for securing your bike.
My bike was stolen, is it here?
- If you suspect that…
Do you guys have helmets?
- We don’t really sell accessories. Support your local bike shops! Tell them Free Ride sent you.