Greeter Workshop Details
Thank you for your interest in helping staff the shop. Please read on to learn more about the staffing skills workshop and the process for being trained as a greeter.
Who should attend the staff training workshop?
- New volunteers who want to learn more about staffing.
- Please shadow at least once first, so you can learn from your experiences at the workshop
- You can learn more about shadowing by asking a staffer and by attending an orientation
- Staffers who want a refresher. If you have been away for a bit and don’t feel comfortable jumping back in.
- Staffers who can help with orienting, training or giving help to new volunteers
- Discussion of the Free Ride mission
- Code of conduct in the shop
- Anti-oppression discussion
- Training road map
- Shop map exercise
- Roll play exercise
- Goals for Free Ride and volunteering
- Volunteer questionnaire
See also: teaching skills workshop
Note that the staffing skills workshop is very similar to the teaching skills workshop. If you do not wish to attend both workshops, you can learn more about being a greeter or mechanic advisor by asking experienced volunteers.
Greeter training road map
The linked PDF is a road map that shows the training process. It starts when you shadow and proceeds from there. The road map is covered in detail during the workshop.
When are the workshops? How to sign up?
Please see the workshop RSVP page for dates and times of upcoming workshops. Be sure to RSVP so the workshop organizers can be prepared.
You can also send questions along with your RSVP if you would like more information.